Thursday, August 12, 2010

Everything old is new again...


Im back. At least that’s what my legs feel like. Some days I don’t even need the i-pod and I can put up PR’s on desert classic in both distance and time. Im training although for nothing in specific. I figure my sweet spot is somewhere around a 45 minute effort. Or your typical local crit period. Since the time period that I like to refer to as; “the corner” or the moment I stopped racing to impress anyone else and committed to riding only if it felt good and I felt like it, I haven’t suited up to race except indoors. My legs have never felt better, and my bike collection feels just right as well instead of bloated and unmanageable full of bikes I felt guilty not riding. I lost weight and a good amount of my bike excess during, and leading up to the summer bike swap. While I don’t think anyone will accuse me of being lean, I don’t think fat fits me today either. I still have racing goals this year; The DC crit, the world indoor sprints at Interbike, Tour De Scottsdale. It’s just a matter of how I get there this year that has made the difference. It hurt standing on the sidelines last year during, arguably, the most successful Thunder season to date. I don’t profess to be able to see the future, but the Street kings are going to be getting lean this year too. I want to apply the lessons I learned at “the corner” to that crew as well. It is not middle school, there is no requirements on attendance except a desire to be there. Love it or leave it. Well be at the bar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wheres the 'hell ya!' button?


-ish

Anonymous said...

Yeah

-StPaul

Anonymous said...

Back in the saddle again, feels so good.
James T

Anonymous said...

right on sk!

-Isaac